Here are a few pics from my last research trip. I was at the Landels Big Creek Reserve. It’s 20 miles south of Big Sur, CA. A pretty amazing field site yes??? I was pretty successful, catching all 4 Central California Peromyscus species (P. maniculatus, californicus, truei, boylii). This is a photo taken from my trapping grid up in the chaparral.
Here is another from the chaparral.. Amazing huh.
This is a photo of my campsite in Redwood Camp.Right under a huge redwood, 10 feet from a mountain creek.
And here is the creek in question…. How cool!
Oh, one last thing… I’ve recently been suckered onto Facebook.. See my profile here.
What have I been up to you might ask???
- Life was consumed by a period of civil service. I served on a jury- a whopping 10 weeks. It was a murder case, one that received national press..
- If its humanly possible to boil down 10 weeks of testimony to a few sentances, here it is. Manuel David Urango murdered Alia Ansari (an Afgani woman) in Fremont CA while she was walking to her kid’s school. She was shot and killed in front of her 3 year old daughter. Here is a news story.
- As if the trial was not enough, both my mother and sister have left their spouses and are getting divorces.
- Having had no time for school, I’m really behind! I’m supposed to be presenting at ISBE this summer. The title: MHC and Mating systems: Is selection on MHC related to sexual behavior?
- Spring is my field season, so I’ve been in Southern California playing with the mice. (more on this in a subsequent post)
- Various other appointments, kid birthdays, and car troubles..